Lentils are high in plant-based protein and fiber and broccoli is rich in many essential nutrients including vitamin A, B6, C and K, folate, calcium, riboflavin, and potassium. This recipe tastes amazing as leftovers and is perfect for freezing in individual servings.
– 8 cups of boiling water
– 2 low sodium vegetable bouillon cubes
– 1 cup of dried brown or green lentils
– 2 large carrots, chopped
– 1 large bunch of broccoli, chopped
– 1 medium onion, chopped
– 3 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 tsp cumin
– 1 tsp dried basil
– 1/4 – 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
– Himalayan pink sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a slow cooker dissolve bouillon cubes in boiling water. And remaining ingredients and cook on low for 8 hr or high for 4 hr.
By Krissy Adams, RD, PTS