– 1 block of extra firm tofu, cubed
– 1 red pepper, sliced
– 1 zucchini, sliced
– 1 portobello mushroom, sliced
– 1 eggplant, sliced
– Olive oil
– 1/2 cup lite tamari sauce
– 2 cloves of minced garlic
– Sriracha sauce as desired
– Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Heat barbecue on medium heat.
2. Pat dry tofu with a paper towel to remove excess liquid.
3. Cut vegetables to desired thickness so they stay on skewers. Alternate tofu with vegetables when placing on skewers.
4. Place skewers on a piece of aluminum foil. Meanwhile cut eggplant into quarters and place on a sheet of aluminum foil.
5. Brush tofu and vegetables with oil. Mix tamari with garlic, sriracha sauce and salt and pepper and brush over tofu and vegetables.
6. Place skewers and eggplant (with aluminum foil) on barbecue and heat until browned. Brush with more sauce and turn.
7. Continue to brush with more sauce until evenly cooked, 10 – 15 min.
By Krissy Adams, RD, PTS