Happy Thanksgiving to all of you in the U.S.!!!
Here’s an awesome Pumpkin Pie recipe perfect for the holiday.
– 2 cups well-baked and mashed sugar pumpkin (see below for directions)
– 3/4 cup silken tofu
– 1/2 cup natural granulated sugar
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or equivalent of nutmeg, allspice, and ginger)
– 9-inch good quality graham cracker or whole grain pie crust
– Vegan Whipped Cream for topping (optional)
1. To cook the pumpkin, first wrap the whole raw pumpkin in foil, put in a baking pan, and bake at 375 degrees F. for 45 to 60 minutes — or until you can pierce all the way through easily with a knife.
2. Once it cools, you can cut the pumpkin in half, and scoop out the seeds and fibers. Then, cut into thick slices and pare away the skin.
3. Combine the pumpkin in a food processor with the remaining ingredients (except the crust, of course). Process until velvety smooth.
4. Pour the mixture into the crust. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the mixture is set and the crust is golden. Let the pie cool completely. Cut into 8 wedges; if you’d like, top each with a swirl of Vegan Whipped Cream.
Makes one 9-inch pie, 8 servings.