~4 small pancakes
– 1 tsp egg replacer
– 2 tbsp water
– 1/2 ripe banana
– 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
– 1/2 cup rolled oats
– 1 scoop of Verda Plant Based Superfood (vanilla or chocolate)
– 2 tbsp (30 ml) raw cocoa powder
– A sprinkle of cinnamon
1. Whisk egg replacer and water together in a small bowl to create an egg substitute.
2. Mix all ingredients including egg substitute together in a blender. It should be thicker than regular pancake batter but you should still be able to pour it into the pan easily. If batter is too thick add almond milk by the tbsp until desired consistency is reached.
3. Heat a large pan and add a very small amount of oil.
4. Scoop 2 heaping spoonfuls of batter on the pan per pancake and spread out evenly but thinly with a spoon. Cook until pancake bubbles through and can be easily flipped, 2 – 3 min.
5. Flip pancake and cook another 2 – 3 min on other side.
6. Cover cooked pancakes with a piece of aluminum foil while rest of pancakes are cooking to keep warm.
7. Serve with fresh fruit, pure maple syrup or coconut yogurt.
By Krissy Adams, RD, PTS