Who needs dessert when you have Crispy Coconut Balls to celebrate the holidays? Not only are they delicious they are super easy to make.
– 1 cup of chopped dates
– 1/2 cup of xylitol
– 1/4 cup of coconut oil
– 1 tsp egg substitute + 2 tbsp water
– 1 1/2 cup puffed brown rice cereal
– 1 tsp vanilla
– Shredded coconut.
1. Mix first 3 ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.
2. In a small bowl mix egg substitute and water together and add to date mixture.
3. Heat in a saucepan until thickened.
4. Remove from heat and stir in cereal and vanilla. Cool slightly. Form into balls and roll in coconut. Keep refrigerated.
Makes ~18 balls.
By Krissy Adams, RD, PTS