– 1/3 cup rice, arborio
– 1 1/4 cups water ; you may require an additional 1/4
– 1 tablespoon organic miso paste
– 1/2 cup assorted mushrooms
– 1 small onion, diced
– 2 cloves of garlic, diced
– 1 sprig of oregano (optional)
– Salt & Pepper
1. Saute onion and garlic in a frying pan until fragrance is emitted.
2. Add in rice, oregano and mushrooms and toast for 2 mins on very low heat. Add in salt and pepper.
3. Meanwhile, boil water in a separate pot and stir in the miso paste evenly.
4. Pour in 1/3 of the miso content into the frying pan. Cover but stir occasionally. Make sure that only a few bubbles pop at times.
5. Repeat twice. Add in the broth when the broth added previously is almost fully absorbed, but still leaves some water in the pan. This should take about 25-35 mins.
6. Test rice for doneness.
7. Serve with some nutritional yeast (optional).