- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (chopped)
- 1 large pinch of fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp of pure maple syrup or agave nectar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil.
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. Combine ingredients together in a medium sized bowl in order listed. Use your clean hands to mix well (warning it will be sticky). Mix until coconut oil has melted with hands and mixed evenly.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread mixture evenly in a thin layer over sheet. Bake for ~10 min, until very lightly browned. Be careful not to burn! Cool before serving or storing.
Very Berry Granola Parfait Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1 scoop of VERDA Plant Based Superfood in Natural Berry or Vanilla Bean
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup of homemade cashew granola. -
1. Mix coconut milk, blueberries and Verda together in a blender, until smooth.
2. Add 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum and blend again until smooth and fluffy. Add another 1/4 tsp xanthan gum at a time for a thicker mixture.
3. Layer blueberry mixture and granola in a cup. Garnish with fresh fruit.
By Krissy Adams, RD, PTS