– 1 x 450g pack of fresh noodles (check that they are egg free)
– Approx. 200g tofu, cubed
– 1 small onion, sliced
– 1 small green pepper, sliced
– A large field mushroom or a few smaller ones, thinly sliced
– 1 tbsp soy sauce
– 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
– 1 tbsp vegan mushroom sauce
– 1 tsp grated ginger
– 1 large clove garlic, minced
– 1 tsp five spice powder
– Olive oil for frying
1. In a small bowl mix together the soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce and the mushroom sauce.
2. Place noodles in a bowl or saucepan and cover with boiling water. Cover bowl and set aside.
3. Heat 1-2 tbsp olive oil in a wok or large frying pan
4. Stir fry onion for a minute or two until slightly softened.
5. Add garlic, ginger and remaining vegetables and continue frying for 2-3 minutes, add the five spice powder and continue cooking for approx. 30 seconds.
6. Drain the noodles and add to pan, pour in the sauce mixture and stir through. Leave on heat for approximately a further minute. Serve immediately.