• 1 cup quinoa
• 2 cups water
• 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 limes, juiced
• 2 teaspoons ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more to taste
• Chopped vegetables of your choice
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
• salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed, 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
2. Whisk olive oil, lime juice, cumin, 1 teaspoon salt, and red pepper flakes together in a bowl.
3. Combine quinoa and vegetables together in a bowl. Pour dressing over quinoa mixture; toss to coat. Stir in cilantro; season with salt and black pepper. Serve immediately or chill in refrigerator.